Job Done

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Whew I did it! Today, I rode my bike to work and got into the office by 8:30am. At lunch, I ran 3 miles at the gym (intervals for the last mile as I was inspired by JV) and then went to a 5:30pm yoga class which actually turned out to be much harder than expected. Having not gone to Michelle's Wed class in a while, I'd forgotten how much strength building she makes you do. Ugh. Anyway, I was drenched in sweat within the first 5 min of class and was absolutely POOPED by the time I pedaled my butt home. Luckily, Ryan had some delicious El Zarape burritos waiting for me upon my return. Gorging ensued.

Per our usual Wed night ritual, we went to Mom's after dinner to watch Lost (in HD) and hang out. I bravely resisted the chip and guacamole spread she laid out but as expected fell prey to the chocolate macaroons and red wine. This week's episode was pretty good with some interesting developments. Poor Sun and Jin are now temporally separated by 30 years haha. Aside from Lost, Mom has quipped my interest in Dancing With The Stars after we watched the first episode last week. It was a train wreck watching some of the contestants flounder (who knew Denise Richards would be so awkward) but at the same time it was oh so entertaining and I do love watching the professionals dance. Plus, Steve-o is hilarious. Hopefully, we'll get to watch it on TiVo this weekend.

Lastly, I thought I'd share this random laugh-out-loud moment of the day. So, I was at work when Mama Huang IM'd me and started chatting in her usual broken English. I asked her if she saw the picture of my fig tree that I posted on the blog and she replied:

"your fig bigger than mine
so garouse
jarouse"


After several moments trying to decipher what she meant, I realized she was trying to spell "jealous" (pronounced Asian style), prompting me to laugh hysterically. Ah Mom, you really need to work on your Engrish.

Comments

3 Responses to "Job Done"

Monkey said... March 19, 2009 at 10:29 AM

she was listing vegetables to me via IM and included: aspala and brocary...

JV said... March 23, 2009 at 10:29 AM

OMG... Peeing my pants... Asian moms are so cute! Will we be that cute one day? When will our accents grow in? Ha ha!

no neck said... March 23, 2009 at 1:56 PM

wah da proeblem wit wat your mudda say? you crachee!