Beyond Full

Saturday, August 13, 2011


Today, my mom, Monkey (who arrived late last night), and I went to the farmer's market and picked up a bounty of blueberries, heirloom tomatoes, zucchinis, and lemons. We then stopped by Whole Foods for a slew of food including chicken to grill. Upon arriving home, Monkey promptly whipped up a lemon thyme marinade for the chicken legs (after brining), then it was straight to the grill.


The chicken came out wonderfully tender and succulent.


She also made a lentil salad with red onions, cranberries, and goat cheese, and bruschetta with garlic and heirloom tomatoes. The bruschetta was especially in my opinion. Such a delicious summer meal!


And for dessert, we had mudslide cookies which I made last night. These were from a Jacques Torres cookie mix which Badge brought back for me from NY. Can you say chocolatey goodness? Wonderful with milk.


And now, I'm laying on my sofa completely stuffed. The only thing I've accomplished is finishing a "evil" level sudoku. Meanwhile, Monkey is still puttering around making all manners of food such as strawberry ice cream and apple pie. I love it when she comes to visit (and I'm incapacitated). More to come!

Comments

1 Response to "Beyond Full"

Monkey said... August 13, 2011 at 8:26 PM

It's nice to look at your pictures and to be able to say mmmm I ate that, instead omg I want that.