Beginnings of a Sweater

Sunday, January 20, 2008


My yarn finally arrived in the mail last week and oh is it soft! The texture is plush and almost silky against the skin and the color is a gorgeous dark green. After a quick dash to the Joann in Poway to get 10.5 needles, I had all the materials needed to begin my first sweater.

It turns out that many knitting bloggers have posted about this particular pattern. Most have mentioned that the pattern is rather large so I followed some suggested modifications and casted 8 stitches less. I also added some ribbing at the bottom to prevent the sweater from rolling up. After about 3 nights of knitting, I've finished the back panel and one sleeve. Everything has been pretty easy so far including the cables which I've never done before. Sometimes I'd get distracted by football and lose my place in the pattern but nothing that was too painful to fix.


I'm a bit nervous about how all of this will fit when I sew it together, but I guess I'll see soon enough. Hopefully, I can have the sweater finished in time to show my mom when we go to LA next weekend.

Comments

4 Responses to "Beginnings of a Sweater"

Monkey said... January 21, 2008 at 9:17 AM

good god! you did this in three nights? i like it; really pretty color. maybe if it looks good on you i will try the pattern too.

Monkey said... January 21, 2008 at 6:23 PM

bah. i just realized i need to get some size 9 needles to start my sweater too. assuming my yarn ever gets here! the tracking says it's been delivered but today was martin luther king's day so no yarn...

:o(

Monkey said... January 25, 2008 at 6:32 AM

post some more pictures dammit!

Bunny said... January 25, 2008 at 11:21 AM

I will! I've sewed together the pieces and just have to finish the collar. I think it should be done tonight.