Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Sunday, January 13, 2008


Tonight I made Chicken Enchilada Casserole for dinner. I found this recipe in my Cooking Light magazine about a year ago and have made it several times since. It's very easy to make and oh so tasty. You basically make a filling out of sauteed onions, spices, green onions, shredded rotisserie chicken (I fed Henry some tidbits), beans, and olives. Then you layer the filling with corn tortillas and cheese, whip up an enchilada sauce to poor over the top, and bake it.

I've made this dish with olives and without (this time without) and have noticed no difference in flavor between the two. However, the olives do make the dish more colorful so if I were trying to impress anyone, I'd add them. In the enchilada sauce, I always use Mrs. Renfro's jalapeno green salsa which I find in the gourmet salsa section of Ralph's. It's VERY spicy and delicious. I highly recommend using it if you can find it.

This dish is best eaten out of the oven when it's oozy and hot. It tends to dry up a bit the next day, but still makes great leftovers.

Comments

1 Response to "Chicken Enchilada Casserole"

Monkey said... January 14, 2008 at 7:32 PM

DAMN