Finish Line In Sight

Friday, January 25, 2008


Just when I thought I'd reached the final stretch of my Simply Marilyn sweater, I ran out of yarn. That's just not fair. Perhaps the extra length I added outbalanced the width reductions I made. Whatever the reason, I have another 3 inches to add to the collar. Here's how it looks so far.

Aside from the collar, I'm pretty satisfied with the fit. The arms (despite my best efforts) are still shorter than I would like but the torso fits well and the neck seems to be right. I think the sweater would have been cute baggy as well. If I were to make it again, I'd follow the pattern and cast on 68 stitches, rather than the 60, and I wouldn't shape the waist. More to come once the sweater is finally completed. Time to go yarn hunting...

Comments

1 Response to "Finish Line In Sight"

Monkey said... January 25, 2008 at 11:26 PM

i think it looks amazing. get ryan to take a better picture of you. how fitted is it? looks pretty fitted. yay! go you!