Moody Pepper

Wednesday, January 30, 2008


Week 3 of art class was focused on creating depth by way of bell pepper. The teacher had us start by laying down some level 5 grey charcoal across newsprint paper. Then with an eraser, we were to draw the contour of the pepper and from there, use charcoal and eraser to continue darkening or lightening the form.

I was pretty pleased with my pepper up until I realized I had grossly overworked the darks. So I went back over and lightened up some areas but once my pepper got moody, it stayed moody. The word my teacher used to describe it was "dramatic". The first pic is without flash and the second is with flash plus kitties. The drawing is about 2 feet tall.


Comments

1 Response to "Moody Pepper"

Monkey said... January 30, 2008 at 9:09 PM

i never thought vegetables could have mood swings but your pepper is definitely moody. i like it!

bebes are so cute.