Drapery

Thursday, February 7, 2008


For our last class, the teacher brought in a bed sheet and draped it against the wall. The main assignment was to shade in half the drawing with value 5 and draw the contours and shapes using the technics discussed so far. Then draw the second half in conte red but "draw the light" and "let the light come through". Er ok. Once the two halves have been built separately, erase the background and start blending the two into one cohesive drawing.

This assignment was really frustrating. No one understood what he meant about the "light" side and he kept giving vague hand waving descriptions of what he was looking for. I got so irritated that I accidentally ripped the paper while erasing the background. Oops. I guess once I step back and look at the whole, it's pretty interesting. In retrospect, I think I understand what he wanted but still...sometimes the man drives me insance.

Comments

3 Responses to "Drapery"

Ryan Gordon said... February 7, 2008 at 9:12 PM

so purdy! i never knew a sheet could be so compelling.

busy mama said... February 7, 2008 at 10:50 PM

whaoooo you are soooo talented... I chose chinese brush painting cuz it's instant gratification a stroke here and there and you got yourself a painting ;)

Monkey said... February 8, 2008 at 7:00 AM

holy crap. i thought you pinned draped fabric on the left side of the canvas. that's how real it look! 3D!!