Health Nut Blueberry Muffins

Thursday, March 27, 2008


I've been trying to use up a box of blueberries from Costco so I decided to make these Health Nut Blueberry Muffins. I followed the recipe exactly and thought the muffins were tasty but could have been a bit sweeter and crispier on top. It certainly tasted healthy, tricking my mind into thinking I could eat 3 at once. Needless to say the muffins did not last long. Luckily, because Costco sizes are enormous, I had enough blueberries to make another batch tonight. I had no bananas so I substituted 1/3 cup of vegetable oil. I also sprinkled sugar on top to add some crispness. The fat from the oil really crisped up the edges and gave it a more muffin-like texture. I'd definitely make these again with my substitutions.

Comments

1 Response to "Health Nut Blueberry Muffins"

Monkey said... March 31, 2008 at 8:56 PM

ew what's the point with healthy baked goods. just go full flavor and eat fewer of them. that is what i say!