Old Friends

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Pizza Hut and I are old friends. During those rare moments in high school when my mom allowed us to eat out, Monkey and I would order a pizza with mushrooms (sometimes with half pineapple), breadsticks, and buffalo wings. Back then, it was the tastiest thing on earth. Since going to college, I have grown apart from the Hut. Boston introduced me to more authentic pizza joints, and NY certainly drove the point home. To this day, it's hard to tell if I miss Stromboli's, on St Mark's and 1st, more than I miss my NY friends (sorry guys). Either way, the thought of ever eating at the Hut again was laughable.

Strangely, moving back to CA has made me nostalgic for my pizza past. The first time we ordered from the Hut, it was almost as a joke. But as soon as I bit into that breadstick and those buffalo wings, I knew I was home. We don't often order pizza but tonight we caved in after Ryan's soccer game and my 6 mile run. We feasted on the junky goodness and watched Transformers on demand. The movie was pure eye candy as can be expected, but surprisingly I also enjoyed the plot and the cheesy but humorous dialogue. I would definitely recommend it for a night of mindless entertainment. After the movie, we gobbled down some Haagen Dazs ice cream. Not a bad way to top off a busy weekend.

Comments

1 Response to "Old Friends"

Monkey said... April 21, 2008 at 7:51 PM

are you kidding? pizza hut is amazing! and i lived in new york for 7 years. it is not pizza, it is its own deep fried goodness. my favorite is the hawaiian pizza. mmmmmm.