Mmm Pretty Ring Meets Scaly Skin

Monday, May 19, 2008


Man, my new camera is amazing. Check out the detail on that diamond! Too bad it's accompanied by every minute detail of my reptilian skin. I guess it's all or nothing.

So obviously, the subject of this post is I GOT ENGAGED. Yup, Ryan popped the question at 6am on Saturday morning while we were both tucked in bed. At the time, I was of course sleeping quite unattractively with my mouth agape. Groggily, I noticed a small Tiffany's box next to my head where Henry would otherwise occupy. The rest fell into place as you would imagine. There were many mushy words exchanged, possibly a tear here or there, lots of smiles and laughs. Unfortunately, I had to leave for my Six Sigma class at 8am and yes I was rather bitter that Ryan got to go back to sleep.

After I got back from class, Ryan and I drove out to Guitar Center in La Mesa to get ourselves an electric guitar as an engagement present hehe. After a couple of hours and some debating, we settled on a Gibson Les Paul studio. It was twice as much as we wanted to spend but it was soooo nice and hello we just got engaged!




That night, Ryan and I considered going somewhere fancy for dinner but decided on good ol' Cozymel's instead since it's within walking distance, i.e. no alcohol limit. We ate fajitas and drank margheritas to our heart's delight. It was a great ending to the day.

The rest of the weekend was spent calling our loved ones and sharing the good news. I even started looking at the plethora of wedding planning information available online and have begun making spreadsheets galore. This wedding may turn out to be my greatest obsession of all time *queue dramatic music*.


Comments

2 Responses to "Mmm Pretty Ring Meets Scaly Skin"

Monkey said... May 19, 2008 at 7:44 PM

yaaaaay!!! your ring is very pretty.

dude, are you guys starting a band by yourselves?

Danzrgirl said... May 23, 2008 at 12:38 PM

yeah! i'm so happy for you! well done ryan and that guitar is AWESOME. happy spreadsheeting!

love ya,
b