Ergo Proxy

Monday, June 2, 2008

Spurred by my strange love of anime and Monkey's intriguing post, I decided to test the waters on Saturday night and search for Ergo Proxy episodes on YouTube. Dammit...someone had the nerve to post all 23 episodes... After casually watching a couple, I was hooked. Ryan recognized that look of crazed obsession in my eye and wisely left on a business trip to NYC the next morning. Entranced, I proceeded to spend my entire Sunday laying on my couch watching ALL 23 episodes. Getting up only to use the restroom and bring food to the couch, I knocked out hours after hours of Ergo Proxy. My only saving grace was the yoga class I managed to attend in the late afternoon.

As Monkey mentioned, the plot was vague. It was very philosophical, yes unneccesarily so, but after experiencing the frustration known as Evangelion, this series was a walk in the part on that front. The dark goth style was cool and I enjoyed the characters. I do wish Vincent was less of a wimp and more of a badass, like his alter ego Ergo Proxy. All in all, it was lots of fun and I'd highly recommend it. Plus I've proven you can finish watching it in a day!

Comments

1 Response to "Ergo Proxy"

Monkey said... June 3, 2008 at 8:04 AM

i know!! vincent was the biggest wimp ever. ferret does a funny impression of him.