Latest and Greatest

Saturday, July 26, 2008

I know I know, it's been a while since I last posted. Don't hate me.

After the vacation, my mom and Uncle Jaime drove down to visit for a weekend, bearing misc edible gifts such as a bag of tomatoes, a bag of plums, and a bag of nectarines - all of which were hand plucked from the fruit trees of friends and acquaintances. We hung around the house during the day while I cut my mom's hair (gave her a cute stylish bob) and while Ryan and Uncle Jaime enthusiastically discussed whether or not we can install satellite tv. That night, we went out to dinner with Ryan's parents at a Thai restaurant downtown named Rama. The first time we went to Rama was about a year and a half ago when I first moved out to San Diego. I remember thinking the food was bland and unmemorable, so I wasn't sure if my mom would enjoy it. However on this trip, it was very tasty indeed and I was glad to have plenty of leftovers to bring home. Afterwards, we walked to Ghiradelli's and ate sundaes.




The next day we took the parentals to Estancia to show them the wedding venue. Everyone thought it was absolutely beautiful - which it is - and it made me excited to think of the big day.

Since then, it's just been work and yoga for me. Yoga has been going well. I really feel my practice getting better. I even had a major breakthrough with inversions and am now able to kick up to handstand on my own whoo hoo. Work has been meh. I've found myself becoming more unenthusiastic and disastisfied with my job but I'm going to suck it up and finish out my main project before I reassess the situation. Unfortunately, Ryan has been out of town last week which of course makes the situation more grim because I don't have someone to comfort me when I'm feeling blue :). But he's back and I'm looking at things with more perspective.

On the wedding front, Ryan and I have made some progress. We picked a lovely photographer named Kristy to document our special day. Her portfolio stood out from the different options we looked at because she is a photojournalist and seemed to really capture the feeling of the moment. Nothing seemed too staged or unnatural. I've also been investigating "green" weddings. I'd definitely like to make our invitations eco-friendly and try to find flowers from local farms and that are in season during our wedding. Might as well do my small part in making the world a better place.

Comments

0 Responses to "Latest and Greatest"