Burn Victim

Monday, September 22, 2008


In a freak accident, primarily caused by my absent-mindedness, I suffered a very painful second degree burn last night. How do I know it's a second degree burn? Well, googling has revealed that first degree burns do not blister while second degrees burns do. And boy is my hand blistered. So, the story I'm telling people is that I burned myself on the top rack of my oven. The real story is that I overheated some at-home wax and it spilled all over my hand when I stirred it too vigorously. Stupid. Why I'm posting this, I'm not sure. It's like I'm trying to share my own fascination with the grotesqueness of this injury. Luckily the pain has subsided quite a bit so I was able to do yoga today. I've also drained the fluid so it looks less freaky now.

Comments

0 Responses to "Burn Victim"