Chipmunk Cheeks

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ryan and I are a collective mess. In addition to my own problems, which I've already complained about extensively, Ryan was elbowed on the side of the head during an intense soccer game on Sunday and his whole temple and left cheek is ridiculously swollen. He looks like a mutant chipmunk. It would be quite cute if it wasn't so sad watching him struggle to chew.

News from the cake bakery is that they can do the first design, hooray! I think we'll copy it exactly but have dark green stripes and use fresh orange flowers. Perhaps ranunculus? I think I'll stop by that wholesale flower shop on Friday and check out the goods. If possible, I'd rather buy locally to avoid the headache of having flowers shipped from out of town. I feel like too many things could go wrong in the second scenario.

For dinner tonight, I concocted a teriyaki sauce out of some soy sauce, water, honey, sugar, ginger powder, garlic powder, and cornstarch. I baked salmon and stir fried some bok choy, garlic, red onion, and mushrooms as a side. So easy and so tasty.



So I've secretly been watching The Rachel Zoe Project on Bravo. It's such a guilty pleasure. The personalities are obnoxiously endearing and the fashions leave me drooling for more. Yes, I force poor Ryan to sit through an hour of frivolous consumerism but I figure it's the least he can do for making me watch hours of soccer. Speaking of frivolity, I felt so sorry for myself after my allergic attacks that I bought a Marc by Marc Jacobs bag that I've been eyeing. Ridiculous right? It's as if I haven't notice my stock portfolio tanking these last few days. Damn you AAPL!!! I promise this is my last shopping purchase before the wedding...



Ok I know I'm jumping topics a lot but on to the debates...I thought Obama came out the winner on this one. He was clear and detailed in his answers and countered his opponent's attacks in a direct and effective manner. McCain however, almost never addressed Obama's attacks, preferring instead to launch into irrelevant stories from the past (possibly to emphasize his experience) and to market himself by using tired buzz words like "maverick". I found McCain's indirectness very aggravating and his tendency to begin responses with "what Senator Obama doesn't understand is..." to be very patronizing and passive aggressive. Since this debate was considered to be Obama's achilles heel, I can only hope Obama will pull out ahead by a landslide in the next two debates. I can't wait until the VP debates this Thurs where I anticipate Palin to tank like my stocks. Hopefully, Biden will know when to zip it and won't ruin his huge advantage - that advantage being he's not a vapid shell of a politician like Palin.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to get back into running. Must build up my base mileage before I can start training!

Comments

1 Response to "Chipmunk Cheeks"

Monkey said... September 30, 2008 at 8:52 PM

salmon looks delicious. i'll have to try that sometime. mmmm.

you are absurd, i can't believe you bought a bag. however, i have been eyeing laptops. i think mine might be about to give out. it's been doing some weird things. and i'm sick of not being able to remote desktop with it...

did you ever watch the palin interviews with katie couric? AMAZING.