Rather Disgusted

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ryan and I just watched Sarah Palin's acceptance speech, and I must say, I found it all rather disgusting. I've never heard the woman speak before so I was willing to give her a chance (even though I'm a staunch Obama supporter) and within a few minutes I was wildly irritated by her persona and attitude.

Palin started off by introducing her family and herself, going into all sorts of unnecessary and irrelevant personal details - all of which left me wondering, why is she telling us this? Why is she exploiting her poor down syndrome son and her other enlisted son? How does any of this make you qualified to be Vice President??

Next, she launched into wild vague statements about bringing the people's interest to the White House and putting the country first. Ok...a little more information? How are you planning on doing this? Hoping for more, I listened to her discuss her political background, beginning with her role in the PTA and as a "hockey mum" (uh) and rising up to be Governor. I applaud her success in the political arena of Alaska, but I couldn't help thinking, dear God I do not want this woman as President if something happens to McCain.

Then, the bashing began. Palin started taking lots of unclassy digs at Obama, making sarcastic remarks like "oh when he finishes parting the sea", playing up to the ridiculous celebrity accusations, yadda yadda. What?? I expected these attacks but honestly the manner in which she made the attacks was undignified and trashy. It actually reminded me of Bush's attitude when he makes smug empty comments and looks around for validation like an idiot. I was gritting my teeth so hard. At least when Obama attacks McCain, it's always in a respectful and dignified manner. Palin was mocking Obama like a gossipy housewife. It really made me lose respect for her.

Looking at the substance of what she said, I was equally horrified. She wants to start digging in Alaska right away. She wants to veto everything (huh??). She wants to pick a fight with Russia. She thinks we're close to victory in Irag (huh????). Add the fact that she doesn't believe in global warming and I think its safe to say that this woman is insane. Enough said. I'll be very interested to see how she holds up in debates.

Comments

0 Responses to "Rather Disgusted"