Running Update

Friday, October 10, 2008

Determined to build up some mileage (and yes partially irritated that the girl next to me was running SO fast and for SO long), I ended up running 5 miles at the gym yesterday. I felt pretty good until mile 4, but then for some foolhearty reason I decided to do some sprints. That definitely took the wind outta me. I barely made it to mile 5 before I lumbered off the treadmill to do some half assed stretching.

To motivate myself to run, I've signed up for the Komen 5K Race for a Cure. There were some posters floating around work about joining the company team so I thought it'd be a good opportunity to train while contributing to a cause. I've never ran as part of a team before. I envision us all wearing matching t-shirts, holding hands, and skipping in unison towards the finish. Hmmm. I hope my team members won't think poorly of me when I take off running like a mad woman. I haven't run a 5K race in forever so I'm definitely curious to see what my time would be.

Yesterday at lunchtime, Ryan and I went downtown to apply for a marriage license. I was slightly envious of the couples waiting for a civil ceremony. Imagine all the money they're saving, I thought to myself. But then again, I know our wedding will be very special and memorable. It was just momentary savings envy - most likely spurred on by this ailing economy. I hope things bottom out soon. My investment portfolio and 401K can't handle anymore punishment...

Comments

0 Responses to "Running Update"