Week So Far

Wednesday, October 29, 2008


Dinner on Monday was pretty healthy and tasty. I stir fried some chicken and veggies and made a corn and egg scramble. Tuesday dinner consisted of penne with this delicious pasta sauce we found at Henry's, called Mama Cocco's or something. I was surprised by how much I liked it, given how cheap it was (not to be snooty or anything). Tonight's dinner was the usual massive El Zarape burrito, which would have been fine except I ate about a third of a box (yes it's a big box) of TJ's oyster crackers before hand, effectively negating my double duty workout yesterday (run at lunch, yoga at night). Ugh, what a rollercoaster - you work out like a madwoman and then you pig out like a madwoman. Such is the life of an Obsessive. The Vegas trip has totally thrown off my workout schedule so I'm determined to hit the gym tomorrow and run 6, hear me SIX, miles. I'll do it so help me...

The rest of the week has been spent tinkering with my new computer. After transferring over my most important files (20GB of music still left untransferred), I was puzzled as to how I'd go about reinstalling all my programs. When I first got my old ThinkPad five years ago, I was able to get cd copies of Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, and others from friends or family. This time around, I decided to check out what the web had to offer in terms of pirated software. After some googling, a surprisingly number of tutorials showed up on YouTube. I was able to modify an xml config file to turn my trial version of Windows into a full version. I was also able to obtain Photoshop and Illustrator, two of the most important programs for my blogging and wedding diy projects. God bless hackers. Now that I have 4gb of memory, I've decided to revisit SimCity4 which has been gathering dust. I can't wait to see how the graphics look as compared to the haltering movement on my old 512mb memory machine.

Additionally, I noticed that a sequel to Diner Dash has come out called Cooking Dash. Amazing. I played the trial version which has been pretty fun but it's already locked me out. As soon as my credit card billing cycle rolls over next week, I'm going to buy the full version so I can play obsessively until I beat the game. Ryan remembers how I was with Diner Dash. So sad...so scary...


Comments

0 Responses to "Week So Far"