Crap

Saturday, November 1, 2008

I just got back from a yoga class where I think I sprained my toe (one of the little useless ones on my left foot). It was totally my own fault. I got to class feeling incredibly sore from doing yoga on my own yesterday and feeling very tired, having not eaten anything in the morning. I was completely conscious of the sloppiness with which I was executing my poses but just figured whatever, it's just the same old poses I always do, it'll be fine. Unfortunately, about halfway through the class, I was doing a half assed jump through and clipped my toe on the floor going forward. It hurt like hell. I gingerly muddled my way through the rest of class and now I'm icing the toe like crazy. It appears to be a little swollen and red/purple. Jogging lightly around the house is doable although it feels a little iffy. I'm hoping that after plenty of ice and rest, I won't have any problems running the race tomorrow. Here's a video of a yogi doing a jump back (I can only get my legs through, can't kick legs out yet) and a jump through (I can only straighten my legs at the end when I sit down). These videos make it look so effortless.



So as I mentioned, I practiced some yoga at the gym yesterday at lunchtime. On a whim, I decided to try scorpion against the wall. I was able to get into the pose with the feet almost touching my head but couldn't stay in it for long. I felt like my back was breaking. It was still pretty encouraging that I could get that far since it takes a lot of strength to do forearm stand in the first place. Whoo hoo! Here's a video of a girl doing scorpion against the wall. I think I got my feet a little closer to my head then this but without someone video taping me, I can't say for sure. Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow and have Ryan video tape me.


Comments

0 Responses to "Crap"