Two Seven

Monday, November 24, 2008

It's my BIRTHDAAAAAAAY! Today officially marks the 27th year of my humble existence. Not too exciting of a birthday year but I still managed to squeeze in plenty of celebration.

Birthday meal #1: Ryan and I met up with Laura and Ron on Friday at Buon Appetito for one of my favorite meals - Cappellini alla Checca. The meal was preceding by the usual table bread with tomato dipping sauce (so addicting) and concluded with a decadent block of tiramisu accompanied by the loud baritone singing of the entire Italian male wait staff. Nice. To top it off, Laura and Ron generously got me a gift certificate to Whole Foods and to Shopbop. Food and clothes? They know me so well...

Birthday meal #2: On Saturday night, Sophie and Bryan picked us up and we went out to Sushi Ota for a delicious sushi dinner. We easily packed away double spicy tuna roll, shrimp tempura roll, yellow tail sushi, salmon belly sushi, seared tuna sushi, scallop sushi and roll, a phidelphia roll baked with cream cheese on top, and a fried salmon roll...not to mention plenty of sake (Ryan was nursing several Sochus). We had plenty of laughs and it was great time all around.

Birthday meal #3: On Sunday night, Ryan and I went to Whole Foods to pick up some groceries for an at-home romantic dinner. Since I've apparantly lacking iron, we decided on filet mignon steaks mmmm. Unfortunately, they didn't sell A1 sauce (blasphemy) so we had to settle for a different steak sauce but it was still very tasty. To accompany the main meal, I made creamed spinach and we had plenty of red wine.

Birthday meal #4: Today I got to work and discovered a plate of Kim G. cookies on my desk. She had made chocolate chip and my absolute fav, double chocolate cookies for my birthday. That certainly started the day well. At lunch, I went out with the ladies for dim sum at Jasmine. It's been so long since I had dim sum and it certainly did not disappoint. Just as oily, salty and delicious as I remember. My favorite is the fried mochi like balls with pork inside. Best combo of sweet and salty.

Tonight, we kept it simple and I made rice with broccoli and stir fried chicken. I was suppose to go to yoga but what the heck, it's my birthday! I might as well sit at home and catch up on some posts :). So on Sunday, I accompanied Ryan to his soccer game in OB and ran 6 miles with my trusty Garmin. Feeling pretty sluggish after all that sake on Sat, I took it at an easy 10:30 min/mile pace and then watched the rest of the soccer game while I stretched. I'm not sure what time I will shoot for (if any) at the 10k race this Thurs but I certainly hope I feel more peppy then I did on Sunday. Otherwise, it'll be a loooong race. Luckily Ryan will be there to push me along.

In wedding news, I've finished 64 menus and have started in on the ceremony programs. Yes they're not as perfectly aligned or cut as they might have been if I ordered it but I doubt anyone will notice. I've also stolen a cute grass motif that I've added to my menu and program design. Should go nicely with the wheatgrass decor.


And lastly, I leave you with the usual Where's Fred puzzle. Not much of a puzzle since I circle her in bright green but you get the gist...


Comments

2 Responses to "Two Seven"

busy mama said... November 24, 2008 at 11:24 PM

love the menus....

JV said... November 25, 2008 at 10:28 AM

LOVE the Garmin, the menus, the puzzle... What a great way to celebrate your bday... food galore! Jealous!