Stuff

Saturday, January 31, 2009

I've been incredibly unfocused and scatter brained this week. On Monday, I carpooled with a group of coworkers to Palm Springs for Lab Automation 2009. I was very sore from the race so it goes without saying that standing around all day at a conference was not what I wanted to do. On top of that, I was sitting in the back of a van driven by my coworker who is the scariest driver ever. I was convinced we were either going to go flying off the side of the mountain or I was going to throw up all over everyone in the van. Thankfully neither happened but I feel emotionally scarred from the trip.

The rest of the week was uneventful. Aside from work, I've been trying not to stress about the house, but so many things keep coming up that I can't help but freak out periodically. Luckily, Ryan has been on duty to calm me down and make me realize that everything will be alright. I can't wait until its all over and we close escrow. Other than that I've just been trying to get back into a routine. I was hoping to do some short runs throughout the week but I was only able to run one mile on Thurs before my legs complained grievously. Hopefully, they'll allow me to complete a 3-4 mile run tomorrow. I've also been trying to cook more and eat more healthily. During the week, I tried my hand at pan frying noodles which was pretty successful. I sauteed some bell peppers and mushrooms with cilantro to go with the meal. Yum. Note: the eggroll came from TJ's and it looked better than it tasted.


On Friday, Ryan and I treated ourselves to a dinner at La Puerta. To our surprise they had happy hour until 7 so we were able to get several Micheladas while we waited for a table. Stuffed with burritos and tequila, we rolled home to have a relaxing night. Today we woke up at a reasonable hour and went to Home Depot to pick out a new carpet for the house. After looking through several options, we settled on an eco-friendly carpet and a pad that is biodegradable. Although it was more expensive than others, the hubby and I really think it's important to live "green" so we went with it anyway. Afterwards, we went to Henry's to pick up some groceries and then hung out at the park with Kevin and the dogs, and Kristen and baby Sophie. We also got to see our parents new place in the community next to ours and boy is it beautiful! I can't wait to cook over there, the kitchen is so nice and big. Finally, for dinner tonight I made filet mignon steaks with sauteed potatoes and romaine salad. Of course I insisted we get A1 sauce first. So good. We rounded out the meal with red wine and mango sorbet.


Comments

1 Response to "Stuff"

Monkey said... February 1, 2009 at 9:21 AM

man, those noodles look good. are they chinese noodles or did you just throw down some spaghetti? post a recipe!

i am going to make this mac n cheese recipe today. apparently it is known as crack n cheese, it's that good...

http://bitten.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/29/addictive-mac-and-cheese/

(omg my word verification thing is "etings" how appropriate!)