Train Wreck

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dear God...what happened?

On Monday, I woke up feeling very achy and sore. My neck and legs were especially sore which made sense considering the intense yoga class I had on Sunday. Thinking nothing was out of the norm, I went about my day as usual.

After ladies dim sum lunch at Jasmine, I returned to my desk feeling very tired and drained. Food coma right? Nope. Within an hour, I had an intense fever, chills, and a bizarre gag reflex going on. I felt like I was going to faint. After my last meeting at 2pm I quickly rushed home only to discover poor Ryan exhibiting the same symptoms, although not as intense as me. The rest of the afternoon was spent curled up in bed shivering. Around 5pm, I woke up still feverish and moved myself downstairs. We phoned in a request to Dr. Mom to pick up some gatorade and kombucha for us and spent the rest of the night watching Dancing with the Stars and moaning and groaning. By that time I could barely move. That night, I wore many layers to bed and luckily my fever broke. Unfortunately that meant I sweated like a beast which does not equate to a comfortable night's sleep.

This morning I woke up feeling better but still ill. I would have worked from home the whole day but I had an important meeting at 11 so I went into the office. After the meeting I rushed home and took a 3 hour nap and did some work.

After all this, I suspect we got hit with some strange 24-hour flu like bug. Hopefully, we'll recover soon. On a side note, Monkey is the worst ever. When I told her my symptoms she immediately diagnosed me with several terrible illnesses including botulism and pneumonia. What the hell?

Lastly, here are the two yoga poses that really made me sore. The first one is Yoga Dandasana which is a fourth series posture. Surprisingly, I could do it without too much hubbub. The second is Eka Pada Sirsasana which is a second series posture. This one made my neck super sore. I can get the leg behind the neck but I couldn't pull my body forward enough to hold it here with no hands. Need to practice this one.




Comments

2 Responses to "Train Wreck"

Monkey said... April 14, 2009 at 9:15 PM

those yoga poses look like train wrecks, geez.

JV said... April 16, 2009 at 9:24 AM

My sister would have done the same type of diagnosis... that's what sisters are for. Yikes! Those yoga poses look painful!