Weekend Update

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Another busy weekend has come and gone. On Friday, I was feeling under the weather so I decided to bail on happy hour at work. I was prepared to park it on the couch for the night, but Badger received some good news shortly after I got home and we decided to have an impromptu celebration at Donovan's, our local steakhouse. So much food and alcohol was consumed. It bordered on obscene.

The next morning, I went to yoga after a week and a half hiatus. I was nervous to start with such a hard class after my break but thought what the hey. It turned out to be as painful as expected. Afterwards, Badger and I went with the parentals (hereafter referred to as Spike and Frog) downtown to meet Kevin for lunch. Buon Appetito did not disappoint. I could eat their tricolor salad and capellini alla checca every day for the rest of my life.

At 5pm, I rushed to A Salon to get my hair cut...yes again. I should mention that a few days ago I tried cutting my bangs shorter and messed them up royally. Embarrassed to go back to my hairdresser and show him my disaster, I made an appointment at the salon Michigan had recommended. To my surprise, I bumped into No Show there with her family! What a small world. Anyway, I like the length of my new do but I think the hairdresser didn't thin my hair out enough. I've got super thick wiry hair and without gel in it, my head looks like a porcupine. I guess a cute porcupine though. That night I stopped by Sophie's to pick up a hydrangea plant that she gifted me (no space in her garden) and then it was back home to eat dinner.

This morning, I planted the hydrangea in a nice shady area surrounded by my delphinium and calla lily. I had to transplant the siam tulip bulbs that were there. There were some sprouts coming out of the tubers which means they should be emerging soon. Even though I was sore, I still went to yoga where we ended up having one of the most back breaking classes I've ever had. I won't even go through everything we did but let's just say there were several variations of scorpion and flipping from inversion to backbend. Afterwards, Badger and I went to a yoga potluck hosted by two fellow yogis who live in University City. We had a really great time relaxing by the pool and getting to know the people I've spent hours with sweating like a pig. Around 7, we went to a bar in Clairemont where Badger's soccer club was hosting a end of season, awards event. To our surprise, he won Most Improved Player for his team and got a nice little plaque. Go Badge!

Tomorrow, I look forward to a rest day for my body to recover. Good night.

Comments

0 Responses to "Weekend Update"