Random Stuff

Sunday, July 19, 2009

This week has been quite busy at work and at home. At work, I've been swamped with things to do. Pretty non-stop. At home, we've continued to slowly paint the kitchen cabinets. Add in all the yoga and the extra work I'm doing on the side for my friend's company and it makes for a very tired me.

Luckily, Badge knew just how to cheer me up. On Thursday, he got us takeout from Tofu House, a Korean restaurant we'd always driven past but never tried. So scrumptious! I knew there had to be a good reason for the crowd at this place. I could eat this tofu casserole once a week. Sign me up!


Our CSA delivery this week was stocked full of goodies. I didn't get a chance to take a picture but here's what we got: basil, purple beans, butter lettuce, mixed salad greens, basil, sprouts, pomelos, blueberries, zucchinis, red onion, chives, shallots, and avocados. And of course a nice bouquet of flowers. Our bounty was delivered by a bearded hippy man. Gotta love local farms.

In garden news, we've finally got some catnip sprouts! I'm going to watch these guys like a hawk. Everything else is flourishing, except two of our big calla lily plants seem to have contracted soft rot. The leaves started turning yellow and molty looking. Not much I could do but cut off the infected leaves. There are some baby leaves left so we'll see how they fare. Also, the veggie garden is exploding. We had to thin out some radishes since they were taking over the bed. I'm thinking of gifting some of the zucchini plants as well since they've gotten so big. Poor green onions haven't been getting enough sun next to the zucchinis. Unfortunately, birds have been pooping on one of our swiss chards. Guess that guy will have to be ornamental.


The mandevilla has finally bloomed! We really need to get some trellis for all our vining plants.


And of course every post is best ended with a cat montage.


Henry likes to open drawers.


Comments

4 Responses to "Random Stuff"

Monkey said... July 20, 2009 at 9:41 AM

omg take me to tofu house!

Monkey said... July 21, 2009 at 7:32 AM

i keep looking at your korean food pictures and feeling super jealous.

Bunny said... July 21, 2009 at 8:01 AM

hehe don't worry we will DEFINITELY go

JV said... July 21, 2009 at 9:55 AM

I had something to comment about, but every time I see your sis's cute little monkey picture I forget what I was gonna say!!!