Stuff

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Let me catch up on the events of last week.

On Wed, we went over to Spike and Frog's to watch SYTYCD. We plowed through 3 hours of recorded dancing while munching happily on Rubio's. On Thurs, the four of us met up with Dog and the Luna family to celebrate LL's 30th bday. Since the Lunas (except LL) had never had Indian food, we went to Ashoka and ate our faces off. I'm glad to report they enjoyed it very much. But then again, who doesn't like Indian food??

Soulless freakazoids. That's who.


On Friday, my department hosted happy hour at work. Someone had the brilliant idea to rent inflatable sumo outfits and have sumo wrestling. Strangely enough, we decided to pair this with lots of hot wings and beer floating in kiddie pools. Go figure. I spent most of the event helping contenders get in and out of the tricky suits. After the prizes were handed out, I was coerced into an exhibition match. After winning the first two rounds, I went down hard on the third, having landed poorly on my left leg and twisting my knee. Ouch. While I limped away, my opponent Anna laughingly commented on how aggressive I am. If she only knew...if she only knew...After happy hour, I made away with a tray of extra spicy hot wings and a bag of chips. I tried to snag some bottles of beer but sadly the vultures had already swept the area. Sorry Badge. That night we watched 4 episodes of Dexter. So good. Why can't they put more episodes on one disc?

The rest of the weekend was spent limping around sadly. This ranks up there on my list of Stupid-Drunk-Injuries, right under the time I broke my ankle trying to click my heels and side kick my friend at the same time (inebriated of course). Unfortunately, I was unable to go to yoga which is just as well since book 8 and 9 of the Sookie Stackhouse series arrived. Sat was spent plowing through both books and Sun was spent puttering around the house, baking scones, cleaning, and gardening. I didn't think it would ever happen but one of our plumeria plants has finally bloomed! Pretty...


Also, the seeds Monkey planted have sprouted. All except the chives which I suspect are overheated since they are cool weathered plants. We'll see.


Last night, Badge and I decided this week would be a "good week" so we went to Buga to preemptively celebrate our "good week" with Korean BBQ. The service was reeeeally slow but I could forgive almost anything (short of being slapped in the face with raw meat) because the food is so tasty. After all this recent intensive eating, I finally decided weighed myself. Yikes! 4 lbs have somehow snuck up on me and landed on my ass! This just won't do. I need to lose these lbs and then some before I go to Taiwan. Not only is my family notorious for telling me I'm big (hey I can't help that I'm twice the height of a standard Asian) but I know we'll be eating a LOT and exercise NONE so I need to be prepared. 6 lbs, 8 weeks, let's make it happen.

Comments

1 Response to "Stuff"

Monkey said... September 21, 2009 at 7:17 PM

tell your friend to play settlers with you, then she will see aggressive...