Socal Tornados?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yup, you read that correctly. T-O-R-N-A-D-O. Right here in sunny California.

The first of three storms hit today today and it's been raining cats and dogs. I thought the winds were strong in SD but apparently it's nothing compared to the tornado that officially landed in the Costa Mesa area. The tornado was accompanied by four waterspouts making this one of the worst storms we've had in a long time.

And it's not over! There are two more storms to come this week. Yikes!

At work, we lost power around 2:15pm. Everyone loitered in the hallways for forty five minutes hoping the power would come back. No go. At 3pm, I hopped in the car only to sit in traffic as everyone and their mom started to evacuate the area. Ironically, as soon as I got home, the power came back on and I was able to VPN into work.

I hope the storms won't delay Badge's flight on Thursday :(. Keeping fingers crossed.

Comments

0 Responses to "Socal Tornados?"