SmelLA and More Eats

Tuesday, March 2, 2010


On Saturday morning, I drove up to LA to see my mom, who just returned from a four month trip to Taiwan. It was raining cats and dogs, which made driving very precarious, but I arrived in one piece. It was nice to see my mom in person after so long. We did what we usually do together: chat, eat, and go to Costco. The next morning, I was hoping to hit up a yoga studio in Manhattan Beach (since I was skipping yoga both Sat and Sun) but of course we went to bed late and I couldn't wake up for the 8am class. Boo. Instead, I snooped around garden (see exploding lemon tree above) and waited for my mom to come back from church. She surprised me by bringing back some delicious eats from Seafood Port, my favorite chinese restaurant. Yum!

Note: I'm known amongst the Huang family for once eating an entire plate of the pork spare ribs pictures below on the right.


That afternoon, I drove back to SD. For dinner, Badge and I decided to check out 30th on 30th (though this month it was on the 28th). We managed to hit up 4 spots.

Linkery: half pint of pale ale, mini links and slice of bacon with mustard
Urban Solace: half glass of wine, cheese biscuits with butter
Jayne's Gastropub: glass of pilsner, mini burger with fries
Cantina Mayahuel: michelada (this was SO good), carnitas tacos (pic below)


This turned out to be quite a lot of food and alcohol. Stuffed, we rolled home. Now if we can just try to eat healthy for the next two weeks before our Austin trip...

Comments

0 Responses to "SmelLA and More Eats"