Restaurant Review: The Mission

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Alright, I'm back. I swear. No more lazy blogger.

Let's talk food.

Badge and I finally made it to the Mission (North Park) for brunch last weekend. It's been on my to-do list for oh 4-5 years now. There was a line but the wait was only 15 minutes so no big deal. Once seated, I had myself some sort of coffee float shake. It was exactly like a root beer float (complete with whipped cream) except it had iced coffee instead of soda. Strange but delicious.

Though there were many tempting things on the menu, I had to try the french toast since I had read amazing reviews about it on yelp.


This dish did not disappoint. It was absolutely amazing. Best french toast I've had in a loooong time. This iPhone pic really does not do it justice. As per usual, Badge and I over ordered. We both got the french toast PLUS a side of eggs and potatoes each. Check out large plate #2 below.


We left the restaurant stuffed and satisfied.

In fact, we were so satisfied that we decided to go back again yesterday. This time, I got the blueberry cornmeal pancakes of epic proportions and Badge got the chilaquiles. I washed my food down with a mocha milkshake mmmm. The pancakes were tasty but I couldn't help wishing I had gotten the french toast instead. The chilaquiles were ok, a bit bland. Thank goodness there was plenty of pancake for Badge to assist with.

Verdict: great brunch spot. I may need to go again next weekend.

Comments

2 Responses to "Restaurant Review: The Mission"

Monkey said... February 6, 2011 at 11:03 PM

take me take me take me!!

busy mama said... February 7, 2011 at 8:59 AM

We have been going to their Mission Beach location for years.... Their potatoes are out of this world...