The Cottage and The Weekend

Monday, March 28, 2011

On Saturday, I made my glorious return to Primary Series yoga class. It was tough but invigorating. Of course, certain things like jump throughs and lolasanas are no longer accessible to me, but thankfully I could still do most of the poses.

Afterwards, I was famished so Badge and I went to the Cottage for brunch. I got Eggs La Jolla (spinach, country ham, sundried tomatoes), Country French Toast, and a virgin Bloody Mary.




Badge got a Breakfast Burrito, Banana Pancake, and a fully loaded Bloody Mary (yes the waitress was slightly perturbed by how much food we ordered). Delicious! I'd forgotten how good this place is. By the time I got home, I was so full that I passed out on the couch for a pleasant afternoon nap...

...and woke up just in time for dinner! We met up with Spike, Frog, Kimbo, and Warren (visiting cousin) at Cucina Urbana. There was much eating to be had, but unfortunately no pictures. It was a night full of great food and great company. Can't ask for anything else.

The next day, Badge and I went to the La Jolla farmer's market to pick up some veggies and fruit. In the afternoon, Badge had soccer while I went to a donation yoga class (all proceeds go to Japan relief fund). The studio was packed full of people. It was really great to see so many folks turn out.


To conclude this weekend post, I leave you with this gift Dog got us when he went to Germany. Awww cute cat chocolates right? You might think this...until you realize that Katzenzungen means cat tongues.


Seriously? Who thinks of these things??


Comments

4 Responses to "The Cottage and The Weekend"

Monkey said... March 28, 2011 at 10:06 PM

oh wow the food looks amazing! and the cat tongue thing is totally weird.

Colleen said... March 30, 2011 at 5:04 PM

These photos are AMAZING. My husband is a foodie too. I will share it.

I'm a pal of Spike and Frog.

Cheers,

Colleen

Kara Coleen said... April 6, 2011 at 9:05 AM

I want to eat all of this food. Great pics!!

I shall ignore the cat tongue thing for now...

JV said... April 6, 2011 at 9:24 AM

I'm sitting at my desk at work thinking, "I want a bloody mary."