Vanilla Ice Cream

Monday, April 11, 2011

As soon as I got back from Portland, I made vanilla ice cream using the vanilla beans Monkey shared with me.


These beans are beautifully fragrant. I scrapped every last black "stuff" out of the pod and dumped it in the custard, along with the pod itself. Look at that goodness.


The ice cream itself is loaded with cream and egg. No wonder it's so good! At first I rationed this out in small bowls, but by the end of the week I was spooning it straight out of the tub. I'm a glutton. You need to make this asap (recipe on Monkey's site).


On a random side note, I've discovered TJ's version of Honey Bunches of Oats. It's SO addicting. Even more tasty because you actually get a honey flavor instead of just sugar. I really could eat this all day.


Comments

1 Response to "Vanilla Ice Cream"

Monkey said... April 11, 2011 at 8:33 PM

aiyo how come your vanilla bean picture came out so amazing? yay, glad you liked the recipe!!