Update

Monday, July 4, 2011

Today marks the end of my 32nd week. It's hard to imagine that in another 8 weeks or so, I will be squeezing another person out of my body. FREAKY!

I've had a pretty easy pregnancy so far. There are little things to complain about (if I must) but nothing major. However, this past week I've noticed my hands and feet swelling quite a lot. Sadly I didn't take my rings off sooner so now they're just stuck on my puffy fingers. I tried icing, raising my hands above my head, lubricating with soap and oil. No go. Hopefully they won't swell too much more and I won't need to have my rings cut off yikes! At this point I can't make a fist without discomfort and the bottom of my feet are pretty sore. This hot weather doesn't help of course. Bleh.

Otherwise, I've been getting a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions which I guess is good practice for the ol' uterus. I've also had trouble sleeping due to all the bathroom breaks I need to take in the middle of the night but that's not anything new. I've got a doctor's appt on Wed so it'll be good to find out what position the baby is in, i.e. head down or head up. I really have no idea.

Lastly, our crib is scheduled for delivery in another week, yay! Maybe my nesting instinct will finally kick in.

That's all for now.

Comments

3 Responses to "Update"

Monkey said... July 5, 2011 at 10:55 AM

omg what is a braxton hicks contraction?

Kimbo said... July 6, 2011 at 8:00 PM

test

Kimbo said... July 6, 2011 at 8:01 PM

ok, i've been trying to post a comment but couldn't remember my password- please ignore the 'test' :)

just wanted to say that I cannot believe you only have 8 weeks to go either! and that I love your blog Jess!