Good Idea, Bad Idea

Thursday, August 25, 2011

This morning I slept in late. Mostly because I was exhausted from tossing and turning last night. At one point I woke up at 3:30 and just laid there before I could fall back asleep at 5:30. Bleh. Once up, I ate a big bowl of milk and cereal and did some work. Around 1pm, the cleaning service arrived so I hightailed it out of the house and made myself scarce.

My adventures started with an excellent idea: eat dosa for lunch! Up until now, we've always gotten dosas from Surati Farsan Mart. However, last Friday, we discovered Bawarchi Dosa with our friends (our Indian friends mind you) and we all thought the dosas here were top notch. So I went back by my lonesome and had a delicious butter marsala dosa and mango lassi. Yes I ate the whole thing.


At this point, my judgement got dodgy. Blame it on the full stomach. I decided to head over to Lake Miramar and walk the 5 mile loop around the perimeter. For some reason, 5 miles didn't sound like a lot, esp after my all day trek around the zoo on Tues. Nevermind that it was 85 degrees out. Nevermind that I just ate an enormous meal.

I was committed.

So I drove over, put my hat and shades on (forgot the sun screen oops), put my headphones on and took off. I won't go into the gory details, but lets just say there was absolutely NO shade from the sun and I sweated my ass off. Out of sheer stubbornness, I managed to walk the whole thing without stopping once. When I finally got back to the car, I was as puffy as the Pillsbury Doughboy and my feet felt like they were going to fall off. It was a sad state of affairs.

Now I'm home, showered, and resting on the couch. Adventure concluded.

Comments

0 Responses to "Good Idea, Bad Idea"