Maternity Leave

Monday, August 22, 2011

Today is my first official day of maternity leave! I kicked the morning off with some eggs, bacon, and toast (yummm). Now I'm enjoying a tea while wrapping up a couple things at work. It's quite nice sitting at home in your pajamas.

No real update on the baby. I get lots of jabs in my ribs and painless Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing that makes me think labor is imminent. A variety of strangers have been commenting on my belly and saying how "cute" I look. They all seem shocked when I tell them I'm a week away from my due date. One lady on Friday even thought I was 6-7 months. Well, that's nice to hear but I certainly don't FEEL cute, nor do I relish the idea that I'm further from labor than I really am. I'm ready dammit.

This week I plan to walk incessantly, squat, drink raspberry leaf tea, have some bedroom time, and do whatever other wives' tale I've ever heard about that induces labor. I'm also looking forward to cleaning and organizing the house, and cooking up a storm.


Comments

2 Responses to "Maternity Leave"

Monkey said... August 22, 2011 at 10:38 AM

hooray!! you DO look really cute.

JV said... August 23, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Yes, super cute!
Remember, baby makes the rules, so he'll come when HE'S good and ready. But, if I were to suggest one... bedroom time. Worked for me!