Zoo Time

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yesterday morning, I had a cervical exam during my doctor's appt. My cervix is now 75% effaced and 1.5cm dilated, whoo hoo! I know this doesn't tell me anything definitive (some women stay like this for weeks, other women go from 0 - 10cm in a day), but still, I was excited. Encouraged by my progress and determined to get all the walking in that I could, I decided to go to the zoo with my friends Kara and Rob, who drove down from LA for the day. While there, we met up with Kara's cousin and her bf, and set off in search of animals to photograph.


The zoo was fun (though hot) and we sure did get enough walking in (about 4 hours of it). It was nice going on a work day when there's not such a crowd. Unfortunately most of the animals were content to sleep in the shade due to heat, so there wasn't much activity to document.


This hippo shot discreetly hides his (ahem) underside which was at full attention for whatever reason.


The gorillas are always fun to shoot though I wish the zoo would invest in anti glare glass walls. This guy unabashedly sat in directly in front of us, inviting everyone to admire him in all his glory.



Big cats are always a favorite of mine, esp since they remind me of super large Freds and Henrys. This tiger was going to town on what we thought was a cow femur.


And of course the pandas. Who can ignore the cute cuddly pandas...


After walking around in the heat for so long, my feet were pretty shot so we came back to my place to rest. Once Badge got home from work, we all went out to Buga for delicious korean bbq, followed by Yogurt World for frozen yogurt. Before Kara and Rob hit the road, I promised to do my best to deliver by Friday so she can come back and see the baby before returning to the East Coast on Wed. Come on, baby, let's make it happen!

More zoo pics can be found here

Comments

1 Response to "Zoo Time"

Monkey said... August 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM

awww animals are so cute, your pictures are great.