Thanksgiving

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ah Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday. This year, Monkey and I decided to drop the desserts since they are always more time consuming. So we went with six dishes.

Stuffing:


Green bean casserole (middle) and corn casserole (bottom):


Mac and cheese (right). Kris made a tasty vegan corn bread (left):


We also made garlic mashed potatoes and roasted a majorly delicious turkey. This year, Badge ordered a pastured heritage turkey and boy was the flavor scrumptious. Lots of dark meat, love it.

And of course, my birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year so I was given a turkey hat and an ice cream cake. The family also got me a super fluffy robe (thank god, my old one was in tatters), a cat mug, a cool terrarium, and a cat calendar. Hooray!


The best present of all was having an opportunity to dress Max up in this adorable outfit I bought. Notice the bear bowtie (which I accidentally put on upside down, oops).


The second best present is all the Thanksgiving leftovers the next day. And the following day. And the following following day...


Comments

0 Responses to "Thanksgiving"