Fresh Fruit Tart

Saturday, November 24, 2012


Alright, I know I've fallen off the blogging wagon, but I'm back!  And I come bearing gifts, namely in the form of this delicious fruit tart.

This was my first time making a tart.  There were several steps, but none of them were terribly troublesome.  First, you make and bake the crust, then make the pastry cream, then assemble.  Tada!  In the cream, I used a vanilla bean instead of extract since I love the flavor it adds.  I was supposed to use an apply jelly on top but I couldn't find any at Whole Foods, so substituted plum jelly instead.


Verdict?  So good.  Despite knowing the amount of cream and butter that went into this sucker, it tastes surprisingly light and refreshing.  The filling did tend to ooze once you cut into it (perhaps I added too much?).  Will definitely make this again now that I finally have a tart pan.


Comments

2 Responses to "Fresh Fruit Tart"

Solya said... November 25, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Yummy! Tart looks amazing!

Monkey said... November 25, 2012 at 11:52 AM

it was sooooooooo good!