Obsessed With Blogging

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I am a first time blogger and I must say, after a few posts, I'm officially obsessed with blogging. Ironic, isn't it?

Well tonight I came home from work and googled a sweater pattern that I'd like to try. It's called Simply Marilyn by Interweave. Even though I don't understand half these instructions, I have blind faith that I will figure it out as I go. It's very likely that the end product will be a sweater fit for Quasimodo but only time will tell. I considered getting some cheap practice yarn but the thought of making two sweaters, practice and real, made me quite sleepy so I went ahead and just ordered the Debbie Bliss Super Chunky Cashmerino yarn. I managed to find it on sale online for $7.50 a skein (yay) but unfortunately blew most of the savings from the sale on two day shipping (boo) because I am impatient and MUST have it in time to knit this weekend.

Aside from knitting, it looks like I'll be getting back into drawing very soon. For my birthday last Nov, Ryan bought me a drawing class at the UCSD Continuing Education Center. The class begins next week and consists of 13 sessions that meet Tues from 6:30-9:30. I'm a bit nervous because I really haven't drawn in a while and I'm fairly sure the picture below, which was drawn several years ago, was created during the pinacle of my artistic abilities and it's all downhill from there. Up next, stick figure portraits of my cat. Stay tuned.



As for my physical obsessions, I went to yoga class yesterday for the first time in a couple weeks. Strangly, I was very sore today, particularly in my shoulders and butt, even though I didn't feel like class was too difficult at the time. I guess that's a good thing but man if it isn't slightly depressing to imagine how much muscle was lost during the holiday break and how much effort and sweat it'll take to gain it back. I think I need to designate a pose to focus on each month. Another gimmack to keep me motivated.

Comments

0 Responses to "Obsessed With Blogging"