Slouchy Beret Hat

Monday, January 7, 2008


While in LA, I was motivated to try knitting a hat by my sister who was furiously knitting her cabled hat at the time. I found a great pattern for a knitted beret online and decided to give it a go. I used a green tweed yarn and kept with the size 8 needles throughout rather than switching to size 9 after the ribbing as the instructions say. The hat turned out pretty well even though I ran out of yarn and wasn't able to make it quite as slouch as I would have liked. I think if I had used the size 9 needles, the hat would be a not quite as stiff but oh well, I didn't have any at the time! Final verdict: super warm and stylish.

Comments

1 Response to "Slouchy Beret Hat"

Monkey said... January 7, 2008 at 9:52 PM

this is so cute. i want to make one in brown so i can wear it with my brown coat. and maybe one in red?