Curses

Monday, February 25, 2008

There's nothing like a trip to the dentist to make you feel like a failure...

Despite my best efforts these past six months, I have four cavities. Oh and let's not forget I need root canal. The root canal was old news since I've known it was necessary for half a year now. All this time, I've actively refused to chew on the left side of my mouth in hopes of delaying the inevitable (to all you who doubted my determination and willpower to not pay for an expensive, painful dental procedure, in your face!)

But the cavities, oh the cavities...I've switched to using a sonicare toothbrush, I've made my best attempt at flossing once a day (who the hell has the energy to actually accomplish this?), I've been rinsing with flouride, and I've even bought a crazy waterpik contraction (on recommendation of my friend Kim) to blast the plaque off my teeth. Has it all been for naught? The hygenist reassured me that my gums are much healthier than last time and after seeing my crestfallen face, the dentist was quick to point out that cavities take years to develop and show. Well, phooey on them and phooey on my teeth.

Comments

2 Responses to "Curses"

Monkey said... February 25, 2008 at 8:28 PM

:o( awwww. poor little bunny. it's ok, i think i might have a cavity too. and i never have them!

Devon said... February 27, 2008 at 11:23 AM

let me know if you need any dental advice! my dad is an expert on root canals...Word on the TJ bags too.