Double-Caramel Turtle Cake

Sunday, February 10, 2008


Ever since I bought the Best of Cooking Light book several years ago, I've been wanting to try the Double-Caramel Turtle Cake recipe. Today, I finally did it. Unfortunately, I didn't have any pecans on hand so this can't really be called a turtle cake. And I accidentally added too much milk to the frosting, making it too soft. Other than that, I'd say the cake successfully satisfied my Sunday afternoon sweet tooth. I'm unconvinced it's a keeper but at least I finally found out.

Here's a gratuitous picture of Fred staring off into space.


Comments

2 Responses to "Double-Caramel Turtle Cake"

Monkey said... February 10, 2008 at 5:14 PM

mmmmm that looks so yummy. i think i'm going to make another batch of amish bread tonight. it is a nice breakfast and snack item.

fred is a cutie! why no pictures of henry?

Ryan Gordon said... February 12, 2008 at 3:24 PM

money shot! ok, compared to the photography skills exhibited here, the hungarian stew photo leaves much to be desired....