Sidewalks Are My Friend

Sunday, March 16, 2008

I did it! I ran my 10-mile long run today and I even managed to finish with an average pace of 10:30 min/mile, as instructed by my training program. Unfortunately, I did stop at points to walk - sometimes because I was tired and my knees hurt, other times because the sidewalk would suddenly end along my route and I'd have to cautiously cling to the bike lane as semi trucks whizzed by. Who knew Genesee turned into such a dangerous highway?! MapMyRun.com should have warned me...Anyway, I'm guessing I walked a total of three quarters of a mile which is fine with me. Hopefully my next route will not be so "adventurous".

After my run, I took a nice hot bath and waited for Ryan to get back from his soccer game. Since then, we've pretty much been eating the most random foods including some yellowtail sashimi that I got from the asian supermarket yesterday, a LOT of chips and salsa from Whole Foods, some asian crackers and mochi balls, and finally some chocolate soy milk for me and Newcastle beer for Ryan. Speaking of asian supermarkets, I'd like to note how absolutely obnoxious I find asian people in large masses, particularly when they're mobbing food at the supermarket. Few things stress me out as much.

Comments

2 Responses to "Sidewalks Are My Friend"

busy mama said... March 16, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Great job!!!!

Monkey said... March 16, 2008 at 7:33 PM

maybe you should invest in knee braces or something. you don't want to end up with osteoarthritis!