Sorry, Legs

Saturday, April 12, 2008

I've spent the better part of this afternoon wondering how terrible it must be to have no legs. I'm not normally this morbid but circumstances have left me thinking.

This morning I woke up at the crack of dawn to run the longest run of my training: 12 miles. On a day when temperatures reached a high of 94, I was already roasting when my coworker friend Rob and I began running at 8:30. Our route along Mission Bay was very pleasant and flat. There was lots of running, walking, dog walking, and aerobic group exercising going on - plenty to distract from the pain in my legs. At around mile 8, my knees began complaining quite loudly but I plowed along and we finished in ~2 hours and 4 minutes.

Since I've gotten home, my legs have progressively gotten more and more achy. It's easy to imagine how after all this abuse, my legs could just pack up and abandon me. Luckily, the worst is over (until the race at least) and I can spend the next two weeks winning back the favor of my knees and muscles.

Comments

2 Responses to "Sorry, Legs"

Monkey said... April 13, 2008 at 12:40 PM

awwww. poor little bunny. i run very little and even with that my legs were killing me yesterday. pat pat. good job!

Ryan Gordon said... April 13, 2008 at 6:47 PM

if you keep treating your legs like this you'll leave me no choice but to contact social services.