Damn You, Monkey

Saturday, June 21, 2008


When Monkey recommended I watch Blood+ the anime, I knew it was a bad idea. I had just emerged from my obsessive Ergo Proxy watching and knew it was best to take a break for a while, otherwise Ryan might leave me for ignoring him. Yet somehow I fooled myself into thinking I'd just check out one or two episodes on YouTube to see what it's like. I guess I just don't learn from past experiences. Starting Saturday, I reentered my cave, watching episodes every opportunity that I could. On Thursday, I finished the 50th and last episode with great satisfaction. Even Monkey (who has not finished the series yet) was amazed by my dedication.

I enjoyed Blood+ more than Ergo Proxy because it actually had a plot which was explainable and understandable, though equally outlandish. It's about a school girl named Saya who can't remember her life prior to a year ago. Turns out it's because she's a vampire queen who has been dedicating her life to killing her twin sister (another queen) and all her sister's minions. Only her blood can kill the descadents of her sister Diva. The best thing about this series is Haji, Saya's faithful chevalier. Monkey, Ferret, and I have all agreed that Haji is quite dreamy and it's sad to say but Ryan would have a thing or two to worry about if Haji was real. I guess Ryan's pretty cool but he'd have to step it up a bit to compete with a vampire knight from the 19th century.

Comments

0 Responses to "Damn You, Monkey"