Simple Fare

Tuesday, June 24, 2008


Last night, I made a simple dinner of tofu, spinach, and rice. This has been my go-to meal recently since it's so easy and quick. I sliced up firm tofu and pan fried it in a little oil. I added a sauce of soy sauce, water, sesame oil, chili powder, scallions, and used cornstarch for the thickening agent. In another pan, I briskly sauteed the spinach with some chopped garlic and seasoned it with hondashi, a japanese seafood seasoning that my mom gave me. Delicious.

Unfortunately, tonight's meal was a little more lackluster. Ryan left for NYC this afternoon so I'm trying to clean out the fridge. I had some rice with leftover green beans and some strange kimchi flavored canned tuna that my mom gave me. I will spare you a picture. Henry seemed to enjoy stealing bites of tuna at every opportunity though. Naughty cat.

In other news, I taught a beginner yoga class at work today! We had a solid turnout - 11 people. Jon was there to help me demonstrate which was nice because it freed me up to go around and give a few adjustments. Overall, we went at a good pace and everyone seemed to enjoy it so I'm happy. Hopefully, they'll join the program once we start up again in July. To make sure I also got a good yoga workout today, I went to Daniel's yoga class at the Four Season's Yoga studio after work. He's really awesome - a great teacher who doesn't take things too seriously. For example, he puts on 80's music during our back bending and reads funny excerpts during final relaxation. I really enjoy his class except now I'm super tired and I just know I'm going to be sore tomorrow. What a great feeling.

Comments

0 Responses to "Simple Fare"