Dinner Party

Sunday, August 10, 2008



Last night, we had my parents, Ryan's parents, and Simon and his family, who are visiting from Ireland, over for a casual dinner party. The starter was a baby spinach salad with white beans, red bell pepper and green onions; the entree was baked ziti; and the dessert was a berry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. I followed the ziti recipe exactly and while it was delicious, I wish there had been a bit more tomato sauce since I like my pasta saucy. The cobbler crust I also made exactly as directed, however the fruit mixture was made according to my whims. Basically, if you have delicious sweet fruit, you don't have to add much. Ryan's parents brought over some wine and Laura found the cutest plates and napkins. With everything set, all eleven of us squeezed around the dining table and had a very enjoyable time.


Today, I made some easy breakfast tacos and am just sitting around watching Olympics until my parents head out. Strangely enough, my mom decided to bring her bread machine from LA and has been pumping out loaves of bread like a sweat shop. We're currently waiting for the 5th loaf to finish before they head out.


Comments

1 Response to "Dinner Party"

Monkey said... August 12, 2008 at 5:58 AM

hahahaha, why did she bake so much bread? that's so funny.