Worst Week Ever

Sunday, August 31, 2008

I just could not catch a break this week. Perhaps it's because Ryan was out of town (he could be my lucky charm, I dunno), but I had day after day of issues and frustrations.

In the beginning of the week, I dealt with irritating personalities at work. There are far too many people at my company with Napolean complex who are constantly trying establish dominance or territory. It's like working with children.

On Wednesday, I went to lunchtime yoga desperately needing a break from the general populice. Unfortunately, drama was lurking at every corner. Long story short, the room I had reserved for yoga was not set up correctly and we had to delay class for thirty minutes while we tried to track down Facilities. Imagine 20 people dressed for yoga waiting in the hallway, getting increasingly impatient. I ended up having an argument with the Facilities manager who was irrationally upset that we interrupted his lunch to ask for help. God forbid he be asked to do his job! Anyway, it was all rather upsetting. Since I had already considered stopping work yoga (not worth it since it's too easy and I have a montly unlimited pass to a studio), I decided this was the last straw and I'd be giving up my duties as yoga coordinator. Many have tried to guilt trip me out of my decision but I shall remain firm.

On Thursday, I was feeling more optimistic after a good night's sleep and came hopping downstairs in a chipper mood. To my shock, there was a fat trail of ants snaking from our front door, through the living room, through the dining room, all over the cat food, and out the patio door. This was as grotesque an infestation as I had seen in a while. Unfortunately, we had no chemical warfare so I grabbed some soapy Lysol wipes, got down on my hands and knees, and reigned havoc on the intruders. I even hosed down the patio and garden, hoping to drown the colony. After about forty minutes of meticulously and obsessively killing every ant I could find, I thought I was in the clear. Unfortunately, the buggers continued to stream in from the front door so I knew it was time to get down to business. Racing over to Longs and arming myself with Raid, I was able to gas every last one of them, including the ones outside. Poor Henry and Fred had to be locked in the bedroom in the meantime. Finally satisfied that the job was complete, I had to wait around for the Raid to dry, then mop the floor so the cats didn't get sick, then wait for the mopped floors to dry before I could let them out. What a way to start the day.

On Friday, I had a dentist appointment where it was discovered that I have two more cavities. I was also fitted for a night guard since my dentist was suspicious of night time grinding. Unfortunately, no one bothered to mention that it costs almost $400 and that insurance covered nada. Great. As if I didn't have a wedding to budget for.

Luckily the week was redeemed by our tasting on Friday afternoon at Estancia. Overall, the food was delicious and Ryan and I put together what we think is a great menu. I've very excited to eat it at our wedding. Additionally, I went to Neiman this afternoon for my first dress fitting! It was lots of fun and the dress looks more beautiful than I remember. I also found a pair of gold shoes at Bloomingdale's that are the perfect height and style. Not too formal and definitely rewearable in the future. And finally, Ryan and I went back to Ashoka the Great tonight with Ryan's parents for yet another delicious Indian feast.

I guess the weekend is doing a prety good job making up for the week.

Comments

1 Response to "Worst Week Ever"

Monkey said... September 3, 2008 at 6:19 AM

aw, poor tiny boo. at least you are coming next week!!