Battle of the Bulge

Sunday, October 19, 2008

The wedding diet has been nonexistent so to make up for it, I woke up at 9:30am and ran 4 miles. It started out cool and breezy, but as I went into the second half of my run, the sun came out in full force. Not only that, I should have worn some sun screen because I noticed a big fat tan line when I got home. Unacceptable! I can't have no sports bra tan showing up in my wedding pictures. I guess I'll have to start running under the cover of darkness. Either that or wake up earlier (ha!). Aside from being the worst morning person ever, I absolutely hate running without having eaten a full meal so the later option is out. Not sure how night time running will play in with the yoga schedule though...bah.

Speaking of yoga, I've been going 4x a week and I think I've had two small breakthroughs - first, I can finally kick up into a handstand on my own and can even balance without the wall for a seconds, and second, I can now kind of do a jump through after having practiced with blocks and doing so many goddamn vinyasas in my primary series class on Saturdays (that probably means nothing to you unless you do yoga and know how hard it is to do a freakin jump through). Anyway I'm nowhere near graceful when I do it but whatever, I'll rejoice in my small victory. Sadly, I can feel myself losing flexibility as I start running again. I hope I can find a good balance between the two.

In other wedding beautification news, I bought some Crest Whitening Strips. I haven't whitened my teeth in over a year and drinking coffee and tea everyday has not been kinda to my pearly whites. I've also been slathering on my Orlane moisturizer and my skin has been feel quite nice. Sorry this post has gotten quite girly. Time to go to TJ for some grocery and to gather more flowers for my floral design session with Sophie later. More to post on that. Also, tons of pictures coming soon from Kristen's baby shower yesterday!

Comments

2 Responses to "Battle of the Bulge"

Monkey said... October 19, 2008 at 8:31 PM

these days if i walk to school i count that as exercise. it's like i'm 65 years old.

Anonymous said... October 20, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Just surfed in. Great site, guys!