Fearful Run

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Unwisely, I waited until 4:30 to go on my 8 mile run today. Naturally the sun set after a few miles and before I knew it, I was running in darkness looking around madly for crazy serial killers and glaring suspiciously at passing cars. There were so few street lights that I could barely see the floor in front of me - it was a miracle I didn't trip on a pine cone and eat it. On the plus side, it seems that fearing for my life made me run faster than originally planned. I finished 8.08 miles at a 10:01 min/mile pace which I'm pretty happy with considering I almost didn't go running at all. Now to find some grub.

Comments

1 Response to "Fearful Run"

JV said... December 2, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Wow, great pace! You need to get an Akita and take him running with you. They are so fiercely protective that you'd be fine. Also, I've found that they are a little lazy, so if my pace sucks I blame it on the dog ;)