Bridezilla

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I think it's official. As we near the one week mark, I have become everyone's worst nightmare - a bridezilla. After furiously working to complete the ceremony programs and place cards this week, I rushed home today and created mockups of the dinner table, guestbook table, placecard table, laptop table, and cake table. I won't post any pictures so as to not ruin the surprise but I was quite pleased and definitely feel more at ease now that I've done a trial run. I still have to make some reserved signs for the front row ceremony chairs and create signs for the dinner tables but that shouldn't take too much effort. I swear this whole wedding thing is really bringing out my OCD side.

Sadly, yoga has taken a backseat to my obsessive wedding plotting but at least I've been sticking to my running schedule. Yesterday, I went to the gym and ran 3 one mile intervals at 6.5 for a total of 5 miles. Tomorrow, Sophie and I will do a 5 mile tempo run at 6.3 pace. Hopefully, we'll start out at a more reasonable pace then the last time we ran tempo. If I stick to my guns and run 10 miles on Sunday then I'll have done 20 miles this week. I'll definitely hit the gym on Friday to do some yoga on my own though. Must stay limber...



In other news (yes I suppose there is other news than wedding news), we took Jon out to sushi lunch for his birthday. Somehow it was decided that we would all dress in black to mourn the passing of another year for Jon (I think that was the reason...). Luckily, Trish and Jen had their cameras on hand to document the event - and yes that is Jon with a bunch of ladies, as always...Anyway it was fun to catch up with everyone and we were even treated to some birthday brownies that Kim baked mmmm (oops wasn't I on a wedding diet?). So on Friday, the ladies and I are getting together for a celebratory last hoorah for single-dom. We'll meet downtown at La Puerta for some Mexican food and then hit the bars, possibly finding a place for some drunk dancing (aka silly or stupid dancing). I can't wait as I haven't really gone out in soooo long. And by gone out, I mean gone out with the single purpose of getting drunk. Should be super fun, although it now presents the dilemma of transportation. Time to brainstorm...

Comments

1 Response to "Bridezilla"

Monkey said... December 5, 2008 at 7:39 PM

your friend looks like billy bob thornton