Nibblets

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ok, I'll admit it. I read trashy celebrity gossip blogs. You know, the kind with posts like "Jessica Simpson defends her weight" or "Angelina Jolie wants nine children". Should I be ashamed for reading such rubbish? Probably. Am I ashamed? Not remotely! It's a fun mindless way to entertain myself, and every now and then you get pretty shocking nibblets of gossip that make your jaw drop. This week, I did my usual sweep of TheSuperficial.com and lo and behold, there was that nibblet: Chris Brown was arrested for beating Rihanna! What the hell?? Where did that one come from?? With the aid of google, I uncovered some more details and am now waiting around for more news to come out. The whole thing is unbelievable. Apparently, the two left a party and got in a fight because of some ex-girlfriend's text message. Things escalated and Brown supposedly tried to strangle Rihanna while threatening to kill her. She passed out and Brown fled the scene. When officers arrived, they found her with a black swollen eye and bite marks. Huh?? The whole situation is sad and unfortunate, and I hope justice is served once all the details are revealed.

Aside from my furious gossip hunting, I've been taking it pretty easy. Yesterday, I went to yoga and then to Vons where I was subsequently ogled by an Asian man who followed me around. Creepy. Once home, I closed out the rest of the night with some tv and minesweeper. Today, I went to the gym at lunch and did a light workout (so sore from yoga). I ran 2 miles at 9:50 min/mile and then did 3 intervals of jogging at 10:50 min/mile for 1 minute, running at 7:15 min/mile for 1 minute, and walking for 1 minute. I did a total of 3 miles and then stretched a bit. Tonight, I came home famished and stir fried some noodles and bell peppers for dinner. I ate A LOT of noodle and now I'm stuffed and immobile on the couch. Thank god, it's Wed and I have shows to watch!! So, I've just finished Top Chef where Carla revealed that she used to model. What?? The woman looks like a googly eyed witch. What in the world did she model for? Halloween costume catalogs? Ok, that's mean of me but once you see her on the show you will have no choice but to agree. Now I'm waiting for Lost to come on and writing about nothing in particular since Sophie requested something to read.

On the house front, our home loan with Well Fargo has been approved! I can't recall if I mentioned this already but last week we essentially "broke up" with our old mortgage broker who couldn't get us terms that we were happy with. Now that all that drama is behind us, it should be smooth sailing from here. Our closing date is next Friday ahhhhhhh. So exciting. We'll definitely have to host a potluck house warming party once we get settled. Here are projects I plan to tackle as soon as we move in.

- Get new carpet (scheduled for next Sat)
- Get small dining set for breakfast nook
- Paint kitchen cabinets
- Paint walls

Alright time to veg out.

Comments

1 Response to "Nibblets"

Monkey said... February 11, 2009 at 8:48 PM

hooray!!! i want to see your house and eat some potluck. hey have you tried making brown rice in your rice cooker? i tried a recipe today and it was too mushy. i guess i'll scale back the water...