So Much Yoga...

Monday, February 16, 2009

Ah, so much has happened but now I can't remember much beyond this morning...hmm let's see...

On Saturday, I went to Atsuro's Primary Series class even though I knew it would kick my butt, and surprise surprise it completely kicked my butt! Nothing like continuous vinyasas to make me realize how weak my upper body has gotten. Afterwards, I was quite twitchy and spaced out, but I managed to stop at Von's to pick up ingredients for a vegan chocolate cake for Kristen. It was actually Simon's 30th birthday, but with the hubbub of baby Sophie's birthday last Nov, we never got to celebrate Kristen's 30th in Dec. After a quick shower and a bowl of cereal, I busily made a double layer eggless cake frosted with homemade vanilla icing. In between the layers, I added some raspberry jam for a bit of tartness and then decorated with a can of red icing I got from Von's (alas I do not own a pastry bag or tips). Around 4:30, Mr. Bunny's flight landed and I whisked him home just in time for a bit of relaxation before we headed to our parent's new place for the Simon's birthday party. Once there, we ate pizza, drank wine and beer, and oo'd and ahh'd at the beautiful tv. Towards the end of the night we even watched Madagascar 2, which was very cute and entertaining. Sadly I forgot my camera but we got some great shots on Mom's.

On Sunday, I woke up for a 10am yoga class. It was a struggle to get out of bed considering my legs were so sore, but somehow I made it through another hour and a half of yoga. At lunch time, I packed and cleaned a bit while Ryan went to his soccer game. Once he got back, we picked up Mom and took her to Elijah's for her birthday. I thoroughly enjoyed my pastrami sandwich and those fries were so satisfying! Yum-o. That night, we watched the all star basketball game on tv and relaxed.

Today was business as usual. It was a very rainy day here in San Diego which did not help my sleepiness one bit. After work, I went to yet another yoga class where we did backbends out the wazoo (I know for sure I'll be sore tomorrow). For dinner, I made some tofu, rice, and broccoli and then whipped up a simple rice pudding for dessert. And of course, because it makes so much sense with Asian food, we drank red wine. Now, I'm pleasantly full and might consider packing another box eventually, but first I must pet a cat...


Rice Pudding
Courtesy of AllRecipes.com

3/4 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups milk, divided
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

In another saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg and raisins. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm.

I substituted 1/2 cup heavy cream for milk, used less butter, and omitted the raisins. Even though there are no pears in the pudding, I put some in the picture because they are pretty :).

Comments

2 Responses to "So Much Yoga..."

Ryan Gordon said... February 18, 2009 at 4:29 PM

WHERE'S MY RISOTTO???

Monkey said... February 18, 2009 at 7:09 PM

i don't like rice pudding but if i did, i would want to eat yours. mostly though, i want to eat those pears. mmmm!